The Kilmore International School conducts an annual Academic Scholarship, via ACER. The Academic Scholarships are open to new and current students in Year 7-12 in 2022.
The school has also introduced an exciting new Innovation Scholarship to enable students to demonstrate their creative thinking skills. The Innovation Scholarship is open to students in Year 5 to Year 10 and will be held during Term 1, 2021.
The Kilmore International School is now inviting applicants for Academic Scholarships
As an International Baccalaureate World School, we seek to form young women and men who have a true understanding of themselves, their strengths, their weaknesses, their values, and their view of the world. Our students choose to embrace an ever-changing world with confidence, engage others with a positive, loving attitude, and are prepared to act when needed.
The Kilmore International School is a select entry school from Year 3-12, we are a non-denominational, co-educational, day and boarding school just one-hour north of Melbourne. The school delivers the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma in Year 11 and 12.
The heart of a Kilmore International School education is expressed in our motto, Excellentia Academica Persequenda, in pursuit of academic excellence. Our graduates attend leading universities throughout the world, taking with them a joy of learning and a willingness to make a positive difference to the lives of others.
The school is offering Academic Scholarships for students in Years 7 to 12 in 2022, both current and potential students are invited to apply.
· The Academic Scholarship test sitting date is Friday 29 January 2021.
· The closing date for applications is midnight, 18 January 2021.
· Applications for the scholarship sitting are to be made by parents/guardians via the ACER website. The URL for the application form is http://scholarships.acer.edu.au/intro/2167
Parents and guardians are advised:
· Apply for a Level 1 ACER Scholarship Test if your child will enter Year 7 or 8 in 2022
· Apply for a Level 2 ACER Scholarship Test if your child will enter Year 9 or 10 in 2022
· Apply for a Level 3 ACER Scholarship Test if your child will enter Year 11 or 12 in 2022
The Academic Scholarship process:
1. Apply for the Academic Scholarship via the ACER website http://scholarships.acer.edu.au/intro/2167
2. The application process is managed via parents/guardians via the ACER website.
3. Your child will sit The Kilmore International School ACER Assessment on Friday, 29 January 2021.
4. Academic Scholarship offers will be made in writing by the Principal.
5. Any potential students who were not successful in obtaining an Academic Scholarship will be encouraged to apply for our Innovation Scholarship which will be held toward the end of
Innovation Scholarship opportunities – Year 5 to Year 10 in 2022
The Innovation Scholarship allows students to demonstrate creative thinking that leads to an innovative (marketable and unique) conclusion (product).
To assist applicants in the development of their thinking we define innovation as the “melding of two, or more, previously unrelated items to create a unique and useful item”. Applicants are required to draw on their interest/passion in two distinct areas (e.g. Cycling and Chess) to create a new item that could serve a genuine purpose (rather than pure fantasy – i.e. a cycling chess piece!).
Applicants are not expected to physically produce such an item, but are expected to present their thought processes/line of thinking in developing this new item. This presentation could take the form of an essay, a movie, a poster, audio-visual presentation, a song, painting, etc. The submission format is not crucial as the interview panel is more interested in the applicant being able to explain their thinking (success and errors) and the reasons they have followed a particular path.
The Innovation Scholarship process:
1. To be eligible, submit the Innovation Scholarship Application Form, along with payment and associated materials by close of business on Friday, 9 April 2021.
2. Your child will sit The Kilmore International School entrance assessment on Saturday, 17 April 2021. Further details will be provided upon receipt of your application.
3. An Innovation Scholarship presentation session will be scheduled on Saturday 24 April 2021.
4. The outcome of a potential offer will be made in writing, by the Principal.
For more information about The Kilmore International School, please visit our virtual experience webpage to take a tour of our campus and learn more about what our school has to offer.
If you have any questions regarding the Scholarship application processes, do not hesitate to contact Kristy Macdonald – Head of Community Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org